GOALS GALORE 2012

« Older   Newer »
gason
view post Posted on 23/2/2012, 13:20

GOALS GALORE 2012

Hey guys... It's been a while. After a relatively successful FM11 tactic, now I'm back.

GOALS GALORE 2012

Just a little heads up. This is not a Barcelona tactic. It won't give you 100 pass on midfielders. It won't give you constant 70% possession.
The main focus in this tactic is to attack as a unit, creating plenty of clear cut chances and if you're lucky : score some friggin goals. I'm fine in having ~50% possession as long as I create 5 CCC minimum in every game.
So, if you're looking to 'control' like Barca, look elsewhere, but if you want to score like Barca, this may be the right place to look.

THE FORMATION
Same as last year's, it's a 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 / whatever formation you want to call it.

frmasi

The Play
I have to say this tactic is the best tactic I've created. I've finally been able to make the team play beautiful, create a lot of chances, score goals, and defend well.

The defense of this tactic is Barca-like. The back four pushes up the d-line with offside trap on with the whole team pressing the opponent from the front.
The main thing is to win the ball as further up the field as possible and try to launch a quick counter.
Since you're using high d-line, pacy (minimum 12 accel) would be nice just to keep it safe.

Midfields are in charge as transition and control. They drop deep when the defender gets the ball. And when the ball is on opponent's half they will push up just outside the penalty area, looking for through ball opportunities.
With fullbacks bombing forward, you will find yourself outnumbering the opponent and got at least one or two frontman in free space.
The two MCswill interchange with one and another, usually one arriving late in the area to snatch up goals from open spaces.

The wingers are the destroyer. As n he will turn your opponent's defense inside out. He will take on defenders cutting inside, dragging defenders and most of the time slide a through ball to the striker who's unmarked. They also serve as goal scoring threat as the opposite wingers can feed a diagonal pass to other pass or from the midfield and striker.

The Striker is your main man. He's gotta be quick, flair, has good balance, and a good finisher. He will be the end of most passes. Expect him to run with the ball from a deeper area and score wonder goals as well.
That's why you need a very good striker in this tactic. Someone like Hulk, Loic Remy, Sturridge would be great.
The striker also serve as a dummy sometimes, going into the channels dragging the central defenders, allowing the wingers to cut inside and get a go to the goal themselves.

Basically with this tactic, when defense the whole team is on full pressing mode and when they're attacking, everyone have their role and at the same time attacking as a unit.
You can see the front 3 has been working magic. In any team I tested. Expect at least 5 CCC per game if your team gets it right

The Result

arsetable

tablenap

The Players
Goalkeeper : well you should know this by now.

Central defender (left) : Your speedy defender. Usually will be put up against opponent's poacher.
Recommended Attributes :Marking, Tackling, Pace, Anticipation, Concentration

Central defender (right): Your tower defender. Your threat on set pieces
Recommended Attributes : Jumping, Heading, Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Positioning

Full backs : Supporting fullbacks who will roam forward on attacks. Providing width as your wingers cut inside. Need to be quick to go back when countered and cover speedy wingers.
Recommended Attributes : Acceleration, Pace, Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Work Rate

Defensive midfield : Acting as an anchor man. Breaking up attack before it reaches your final line. Initiating quick counter attacks whenever possible
Recommended Attributes : Tackling, Work Rate, Stamina, Anticipation, Heading, Strength

Central Midfielder (left) : Deep lying playmaker. Dictates the tempo of the game. Providing quick forward passes or slow down the tempo and control the midfield. Think Xavi.
Recommended Attributes : Passing, Creativity, Decision, Teamwork, Composure

Central Midfielder (right) : Your main playmaker. Dragging out defenders, links up with the front three and providing killer balls. Your Iniesta.
Recommended Attributes : Dribbling, Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Decision, Agility

Wingers : Inside forward (yes, right footed on left wing and, if possible, vice versa). Second most important players in the team. The main assist-or in the team. Look to cut inside and provide through balls to striker and acting as a goal threat when the other winger is cutting inside.
Recommended Attributes : Dribbling, Acceleration, Flair, Passing, Agility, Creativity. Finishing is a plus.

Striker : Your main man. The most important player in the team. He can single-highhandedly win you games. Either through predatory instincts looking for through balls, providing diagonal assist to running inside forwards, or dribble by himself and destroy the defense. Hulk (or Messi) is a perfect example for this
Recommended Attributes : Finishing, Dribbling, Flair, Acceleration, Agility, Pace, Off the Ball, Anticipation, Composure. Strength and Balance is a BIG plus.
Additional : train them to place shot

Motivation and Substitution
Now something I just noticed recently is that MOTIVATION plays a big role whether a team will be successful or not, regardless the tactic used.

There is a massive difference when my team just 'Played Okay' an 'Playing with Motivation'. Usually when my players are 'Playing with Motivation' they can easily win 5-0, but when lacking interest, getting a 1-0 is a good result.

There is a tendency to player get motivated when you scored the first goal.

How to get player motivated from the start? I suggest looking for motivation guide in forums as I'm not expert in that area. However usually this is my Pep Talk
Originally Posted by koflok
Pre-Match Pep
Pre-Match Team:
If you're favourite / similar opponent (Aggressive) I expect a Win,
If you're not favourite, (Calm) Give these fans their money worth
Pre-Match Individual:
If motivated, don't talk
If not motivated, (Passionately)I have faith in you

Half-Time Talk:
Half-Time Team:
When winning big, (Calm) Don't get complacent
When losing/drawing/winning 1-0/playing bad, (Aggressive) Team's pride at stake (or whatever on top)

Half-Time Individual:
If players get de-motivated, (Passionately)
Those who 'Gain Focus', just left it.

Full-Time:
Winning, (Passionately) A very nice victory, well done
If favourite / against similar team Losing/drawing (Aggressive) I'm disappointed (or whatever on top)
If underdog, and losing (Calm) Unlucky
Substitution
Substitute your players starting from 60 minute mark (unless someone is injured / picked up a knocked).

Originally Posted by Rule of Substitution
-> Never substitute your star player (in my case my striker), unless he's injured, tired (below 70%).

-> Look at your striker, wingers, MCR and MCL.
Substitute anyone who's 'Playing nervously' or 'Looked uninterested'.
If there is more than one, pick one the one who's not your star player.

-> Same as above, if any of those 5 players are playing with motivation,
but there is one of them who's 'Played okay', substitute him.

-> Look at your DMC, and to MCs,
if already picked up a yellow card and you feel he's going to be red-carded, substitute him.
Match Preparation and Training
It is recommended to start using the tactic from the beginning of the season. That way the team has the whole pre-season time to get in gel with the tactic.

Match Preparation
In Pre Season : When your team got new player(s), put focus training on Teamwork on high duty. When your team got no new player, put focus training on noneon average duty. This speeds up team getting used to the tactic
During Season : Put focus training on Teamwork on average duty.

Usually it takes ~2-3 months before all boxes become fluid. That's where your team is gonna play some good football with the tactic and the results will come.

For Individual Training :
Striker and Wingers : Train to 'Place Shot'
For anyone who have PPM 'Shoots from Distance', train them to stop doing it.
Central midfielders : If they have 'Dribbles with ball often', make them stop. AND Train them to 'Try killer balls often'.

DOWNLOAD

CREDIT: By Koflok

0 replies since 23/2/2012, 13:20   699 views