(FM 2012) Switzerland down to Tier 6, Campionato Svizzero livello 6 FM 2012

« Older   Newer »
gason
view post Posted on 14/12/2011, 22:09

(FM 2012) Switzerland down to Tier 6

Hi!

If you want to manage a swiss team in FM 2012, this might be the file you're looking for.
I made an expansion taking the Swiss football league down to tier 6 (3e ligue). It goes like this:

Axpo Super League
Challenge League
1ère Ligue (3 divisions)
2e Ligue interrégionale (6 divisions)
2e Ligue régionale (17 regional divisions)
3e Ligue (34 regional divisions)

This is not 100% accurate, because in real life there are some more regional divisions in the 6th tier.
I also "promoted" some teams from the 7th and 8th tiers (4e and 5e ligue) in the 3e ligue. I did this
because the swiss lower leagues are packed with reserve teams. And a reserve team cannot play in
the same tier as its first team. That means for example that in FM2012, FC Renens 2 could finish at
an excellent 2nd place in the 3e Ligue and still get relegated to the inferior division if FC Renens 1
(which plays in the 2e Ligue) gets relegated. This somehow distorts the championship and kills the
fun for me. Thats why I replaced all second teams with first teams from inferior leagues of the same
region. The other cool side of it: there are nearly 700 playable teams to choose from.

The regional divisons work pretty well and the teams don't get shuffled from north to south and east
to west too much, even after more than 15 seasons (I tested the file in holiday mode until 2026).
Of course, some odd relocations occur sometimes but it remains exceptional and is often corrected
in the next season. But hey, Switzerland is a small country and driving from the canton of Valais to
Basel-Stadt doesn't take soooo long.

As there are 12 to 14 teams in each division, a team plays only 22 to 26 matches during a season,
plus eventually one or two Swiss Cup rounds. That's why I added some regional cups taking place
during winter time. I took the idea from another swiss file I played with FM 2010.
The regional cups are:

Trophée André Abegglen (for cantons GE, VD and VS)
Trophée Georges Aeby / Georges Aeby Cup (BE/JU, NE and FR)
Hermann Springer Cup (AG, SO, ZH, Nordwest)
Lauro Amado Cup / Coppa Lauro Amado (Ostschweiz, Ticino, Innerschweiz)

And there is of course the Swiss Cup, plus another fictional cup: the Interregional Amateur Cup,
designed for teams from the 1ère Ligue and 2e Ligue interrégionale.

Tut mir Leid für die Liechtensteiner, but I haven't created the Liechtenstein Cup. I didn't have the
patience to select 800+ teams one by one to avoid Balzers, Triesen, Triesenberg, Vaduz, Schaan,
Eschen/Mauren and Ruggell from participating in the Swiss Cup.

Another problem I encountered is that I had to promote 18 teams from the 2e Ligue régionale to
the 2e Ligue interrégionale, although there are only 17 divisions in the 2e Ligue. So I decided that
the Fussballverband Region Zürich Gr.1 would have two promotion slots. There is perhaps a way,
using the advanced editor, to organize play-offs between the two 2nd placed teams of the zürcher
divisions but I couldn't do this.

Anyway, here is the file:

www.mediafire.com/download.php?rj91hb4h2umhj0v

I also made some competition logos you can use with the database:

www.mediafire.com/download.php?d1r8eer98ohw1m9

Just unzip the content in following folder:
My documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics

If you don't have a graphics folder there, create one. And when you restart the game, don't
forget to open the preferences/display and sound, then tick reload skin on confirm and untick
skin cache.

Have fun!

0 replies since 14/12/2011, 22:09   580 views